Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lesson 6 - Spotting Good Fedoras

Fedodos can be found anywhere from clothing stores to street vendors; in fact, they can even be found in some grocery stores, next to the yam section.


As I'm sure you can tell, this yam is extraordinarily dry, and extraordinarily styling. Anyway, I digress.  The purpose of this post is to help you decide what makes a good fedora, and I think this picture helps illustrate the fact that no matter where you find these dodes, they can definitely be styling (even if you buy it amongst yams, dry or otherwise).

One way to find stylish fedoras is to actually see them being worn.  A simple walk around the neighbourhood can inspire.


As you can see, just spotting some fedora philosophers on the street (such as those above) can give us many ideas.  I will now go to analyze my favourite of above fedoras briefly, as I am a fedora philosopher, and therefore understand the aesthetic value of these beautiful hats:

Dark Fedora w/ Suede Dark Gray Band and Light Gray Stripes:

Pros:
  • Contrasts beautifully with light shirts
  • Stripes accentuate eyes
  • Band prohibits lock-jaw
Cons:
  • Heats up head (due to dark colours)
  • Dries your yams
  • Slightly common (we want to stand out, but we're not hipsters)
Neon Blue Fedora w/ Darker Blue Band and Very Light Stripes

Pros:
  • Colour isn't remotely main stream
  • Contrasts beautifully with strawberry-blond hair
  • Attracts lots of attention (due to neon colours)
Cons:
  • Can be mistaken for the sky (and therefore may not be seen by the naked eye)
Overall, my favourite fedora of the bunch is the 'Neon Blue' fedora, for obvious reasons.

I would appreciate you all to send in pictures of yourselves wearing your favourite fedoras to ' fedoraworld@hotmail.com '.  If I'm impressed, I will get in touch, and you could be the lucky recipient of aforementioned Neon Blue fedora. Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment